Friday, April 20, 2012

Marine Awareness Month


Looking at the first picture. You will thought that I am on holiday! But, life will be too good if I can just stay overnight at Pulau Gayana, but, no. This is totally not an affordable place for student to go! Lol..



Yes, is the Marine Ecology Research Centre makes my life a little better. They invited UMS marine students for the marine awareness month to introduce MERC as well as coral planting and restoration. The research centre is located not far away from the resort and not far away from the dive centre where we went for our coral restoration.

The research centre have their very own marine aquarium, touchable-tank and many breeding tanks. Unfortunately, no picture to be shown. Camera was out of batt.



Coral planting on the cement based.





These little giant clams can grow up to 1 metre. Never see one before. Aren't they look adorable. By the way, the main theme for this marine awareness month is Save the Giants! Save them, there are only 8 species and 7 are found in Malaysia's water. 



Hehe.. my first time using recycled spoon and container!


So-me. This is what I always like to do! =)


Hope to go there again and again! I think I am addicted to diving. >_<




P/S: Guys, won't you feel bored that I keep bragging about the marine stuff?

4 comments:

  1. I jealous. Learning while diving is so nice. Do you have a dive license?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have to chance, you can come as well. yup, i have diving license already~ but, I havent got the card yet..=/

      Delete
  2. I'll come if I have chance. How much was fee of diving license lesson?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) not really sure. Depends, if you have more people..then will have better price like around 700? but, also have to see what is included.

      Delete